Kromukam - (yet another) BM hunter application

Guest posting allowed. Please use the provided application template.

Moderators: Role Leaders, Officers

Kromukam
Main character name: Kromukam

Kromukam - (yet another) BM hunter application

Post by Kromukam »

Hello, fellow divers! I'll make it easy on you. For the first part of the application, I used the template. Consider it your tl;dr if you want to know about me. But there are a few more things I want to tell you about myself, so I left that for the second part :)

1) Name of character:
Kromukam (you know it's in the subject, right?)

2) Class:
Critter handler lazy one-clicker (BM hunter - again, in the subject...)

3) Please provide an armory link here:
Yes, I did change it to "armory". It was driving me crazy...
https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en ... n/kromukam

4) What is your prefered spec for raiding and why?:
BM, all the way. This has been my main since the beginning, and it is the spec I know best. Or I should say the spec I suck the least at. There is also another reason, but that's if you get to the second part.

5) Tell us a little about yourself in RL (please include your age and note that we are an 18+ guild):
Hehe, nice try! I'm older than 18; let's leave it there. I'm an IT professional. Government jobs. If I tell you more, I will have to kill you. I live in the US (California). Long story for another time, but here I am.

6) What kind of guild are you after?:
The cliche answer is "a relaxed, stress and drama-free, with some people doing Mythics and raids, HC at least." The real answer is... well, that IS the real answer, actually. Listen, I know there's no such thing as a "stress and drama-free" guild. The key is how much one can tolerate. I work in IT. I can handle drama. Hell, I AM drama!

7) Why have you chosen to apply to Blackrock Diving School?:
I think my in-game note says everything. I've wanted to be part of one of the most hardcore guilds... in 2007. Ever since it has become a kind of obsession. When I found out you were still around, the choice was obvious. It started as a social, but I liked the environment and decided to try my luck with the raiding team. Plus I heard you don't have a lot of hunters, and you are disenchanting the hunter loot.

8) What guild were you a member of prior to your application to BDS, and why have you chosen to leave them?
Oh, boy. I started in 2004 (in fact, since closed beta), with a small Greek guild in AD. Back then, I was in Greece. The guild evolved and got bigger; I stayed in the core raiding team and cleaned everything from MC/BWL/xxx. Then they stopped raiding for some reason I can't remember, and I joined a small raiding community. Not sure if you remember them; they were called "Insight" ;) Did some minor stuff with them, including a Realm First. Nothing to boast about... *hides* Then I took a break in 2010 when I moved to the US. Started again last December, and here we are.

9) As a guild, we have clear social expectations, including helping guildies, participating in guildchat, being polite and courteous, and generally fitting in with a group of fun loving raiders. What do you think you could add socially to the guild? What are the things you like to do most, outside of raiding?:
Well, you've seen me for a while now. I'm a decent guy, aren't I? I am trying really hard, to keep my mouth shut on trade, and I enjoy helping others. Except for that Vortex Pinnable M+17... Tyrannical? C'mon... why would you do this to yourselves??

10) Tell us something about your raiding experience so far. This can include experience raiding with other characters:
All of my raiding experience is with this character. It had a few other names, but that, again, is explained in part 2. As explained earlier, a Realm First, Sartharion in the Obsidian Sanctum on heroic difficulty *flexes*. Proud owner of the Amani War Bear (funny story, I actually DCed during the raid but managed to stay alive). Glory of the Hero (Red Proto-Drake ftw!), things like that. But the real answer you're looking for is this: I know what it means to be on time for a raid, fully prepared, well-read, and willing to wipe until I seek a corner to hide and cry. I maintain a herb/mine gatherer alt that gives me enough gold to buy my potions and runes. And that's a guarantee; I will always have them with me. Period.

11) We raid 3 nights a week. Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays from 20:30 (server time) to 22:30. Could you tell us a little about your availability to raid then? Note the more availability the better and that 50% minimum attendance is required!
OK, so here's where the challenge is. As I mentioned, I'm in the US (Pacific time zone). When you raid, it's lunchtime for me. Which is fine; I can eat while waiting for the ress >.> But the truth is that I can only guarantee the Sunday attendance. After that, it's a hit or miss. For example, this week, I cannot raid mid-week. The good thing is that I will know beforehand. If I sign up for a raid, it means I will show up for the raid. And that's it.

12) As part of raiding, we require good planning and forward commitment by our raiders, and an understanding that we have to rotate a little to ensure all raids are full and balanced. What would you do if you signed and we told you there would be no room?
Wait, does this still apply? Regardless, I wouldn't care. There are soooooooo many achievement points I still need in order to get remotely close to Blackfox. I have things to do for the next 15 years.

13) Have you read, understood, and agreed with the Contracts on this website? This includes social rules, raiding rules, and miscellaneous rules.
If you're referring to "The ten Commandments," then yes. Even the inclusion of Gnomes. At least you don't recruit warlocks. Right? RIGHT?!

-------- End of tl;dr / You've been warned --------

So, yes... this was the 'sort' application. Now, if you're still here, what is wrong with you? Don't you have lives?? But a promise is a promise. So here we go.

Hello, again, fellow Divers. I am Aristodamos Kromukam "The Gahiji" Taureson. The love child of a Gnome and a Tauren. Don't ask me how; I don't want to imagine it, but if you're thinking of "the gif," you're probably spot on!

Proud holder of Rhok'delar, Longbow of the Ancient Keepers, and Lok'delar, Stave of the Ancient Keepers, when it was still cool... And I'm pretty sure I have a meme about this. In fact, as an active member of the Imgur community (yes, one of you), I'm pretty sure I have a meme for everything!

When the game came out, everyone was still pumped after the "Return of the King." If you don't know what I'm talking about, we can't be friends... Anyway, I always consider myself a funny guy, so I assumed a "Gimly-like" character would fit me best. Plus, I love animals, more than people, to be honest, so a BM Hunter was the obvious choice. That said, I have been playing this dreaded game for so long, we used to read Thottbot back in my days.

I am a Master Gnome Engineer (to make mama proud) and a skilled enchanter. I also have an obsession with fishing. That said, yes, I am a Master Angler of Azeroth. *flexes* Master farmer. And I mean, MASTER farmer. To give you an example, I have been religiously farming MC for the Giantstalker Helmet since 2005. My actions against Garr are a direct violation of the Geneva Convention. So, do not talk to me about RNG bad luck. Boy, you think you have bad luck? You merely adopted bad luck. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light of descent loot until I was already a grown dwarf, by then it was nothing to me but grey items!”

IRL, because there's always a real person behind the keyboard. My name is Dimitri. Born and raised in Greece. Left in 2005 and lived in The Hague (The Netherlands) until 2010. I lost a bet (true story) and moved to the US, where I have lived since, in Alabama, North Carolina, Colorado, Southern, and Northern California. Yes, we separate them - it is still the same State, though. I have worked for Dell since 2006. I am currently in the process of moving back to Europe. A very slow process...

I have been a hardcore gamer since the time we had to flip the cassette to side B to continue loading the game... Classic Gen-X. Ah, shit... Now you know how old I am... Blizzard fan-boy (no one is perfect - shut up). Finished all the Warcraft/Starcraft games, but I may have cheated my way on the last mission of WIII. I mean, come ON! Jesus...!

Anyway, that's all!

Wow... you're still here? What is your major malfunction, numbnuts? <3

--- Disclaimer : the text above was NOT generated by AI
Davine
Main character name:

Re: Kromukam - (yet another) BM hunter application

Post by Davine »

Hiya's,

Thanks for the application! An officer will poke you online soon (tm).