Raiding Application - Outlaw Rogue

Guest posting allowed. Please use the provided application template.

Moderators: Role Leaders, Officers

Duke

Raiding Application - Outlaw Rogue

Post by Duke »

1) Name of character:
Tiljann

2) Class:
Rogue

3) Please provide an armoury link here:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... wn/tiljann

4) What is your prefered spec for raiding and why?:
Outlaw - because it has Gouge and Roll the Bones. Decent ST and consistant AoE, and tons and tons of crowd control.

5) Tell us a little about yourself in RL (please include your age and note that we are an 18+ guild):
I'm Irish, 33 years old, engaged, and I'm a friend of Adder's. Working in Customer Support for 12 years and recently took redundancy from the company. Currently enjoying isolation time at home and have plenty of time to farm mounts and kill mobs.

6) What kind of guild are you after?:
Relaxed and friendly - except during raids when it's more important and respectful to each other to be strict and efficient (while retaining friendliness). Looking for a group of responsible adults who won't waste each other's time who can also have chat and laughs while playing/working hard.

7) Why have you chosen to apply to Blackrock Diving School?:
My dear friend Adder has been raiding with you a while, and if you suit him, you'll suit me.

8) What guild were you a member of prior to your application to BDS and why have you chosen to leave them?
I have been in Ronin for 12 years, my entire time playing the game - and I retain guild leadership there on a character still.
During BFA so far I have been playing solo a lot, mostly farming mounts but also doing all the current content and staying on top of the gear curve each patch. I'd love access to people who play m+ and trust me to join, and also access to raids to experience them.

9) As a guild, we have clear social expectations, including helping guildies, participating in guildchat, being polite and courteous, and generally fitting in with a group of fun loving raiders. What do you think you could add socially to the guild? What are the things you like to do most, outside of raiding?:
I know the game and it's mechanics intensely well and would offer help with any confusion or problems people encounter in the gameplay loop. Outside of raiding, I play dungeon and dragons (i'm both dungeon master and raid leader within my social circle lol), Team Fortress 2 and DotA (~3000 hours each), Payday 2. I don't do much outside the house honestly lol.

10) Tell us something about your raiding experience so far. This can include experience raiding with other characters:
In multiple expansions I have been our guild's raid leader (any time I was active - I was raid leading), and during Legion I stepped up to entire guild management. Legion was a fantastic expansion for Ronin and I miss my team dearly - but after Legion's last patch our people stopped playing and the guild is in a quiet hibernation.
My guild got Curve pretty much every raid tier. My own involvement was organising raid times and schedules, figuring what tactics we'd use before the raid, carefully explaining the plan to the team before the fight, and then orchastrating/guilding the raiders during the fight and making voice calls on what mechanics are happening to help keep everyone alive. I've tanked (DK, Monk) and healed (Pal, Shaman) in previous expansions. During Legion I played Destruction warlock throughout, and during BFA I've only mained my rogue.

11) We raid 3 nights a week. Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays from 20:30 (server time) to 22:30. Could you tell us a little about your availability to raid then? Note the more availability the better and that 50% minimum attendance is required!
Currently with the virus - I could raid all 3 nights. Afterwards when we're all going outside again, it would be subject to my working hours - but I really appricaite that your raids are 2 hours with no breaks and I'd be eager to attend if I am available.

12) As part of raiding, we require good planning and forward commitment by our raiders, and an understanding that we have to rotate a little to ensure all raids are full and balanced. What would you do if you signed and we told you there would be no room?
I'd make lemons out of lemonade and go play something else. Making this possibility known upfront makes it a non-issue.

13) Have you read, understood, and agreed with the Contracts on this website? This includes social rules, raiding rules, and miscellaneous rules.
Yep, very extensive. It can be wonky to want to be relaxed and friendly - but then need to write and enforce a long list of rules, they seem in opposition to each other, but I know from experience it's typically necessary.
Davine
Main character name:

Re: Raiding Application - Outlaw Rogue

Post by Davine »

Hi, thanks for your application. Accepted on trial.