Raiding Application - Mage / Druid

Guest posting allowed. Please use the provided application template.

Moderators: Role Leaders, Officers

Tom

Raiding Application - Mage / Druid

Post by Tom »

1) Name of character: Valsendra

2) Class: Mage

3) Please provide an armoury link here:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... /valsendra
Optional: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... awn/uehman
Sidenote: Explenation further down.
4) What is your prefered spec for raiding and why?: I like to play Frost with packed ice due to its cleave mechanicm. Once I get to know the guild better I am willing to transfer my druid which I have been playing for a long time. I have mostly played Resto druid and clearing M+ and did some raiding as healer.

5) Tell us a little about yourself in RL (please include your age and note that we are an 18+ guild): My real name is Tom and I am as we speak 29 years old. Working in IT (Azure, Infrastructure). I have a small studio here where I like to practice my drums, play guitar and play World of Warcraft until the late hours.

6) What kind of guild are you after?: The most important trait I seek in a guild is Teamplay. I always seek teamplay to help, learn and teach eachother and make sure to get everyone on the line to attent to all the great content wow has to offer. Also patience, bad jokes and a good laugh is a must :-)

7) Why have you chosen to apply to Blackrock Diving School?:
I have been a lonewolf for a long time as I played on the Horde side since Zandalari Troll came out. At some point I really missed a tight group that you can play together with and fill the evening with some runs or help others reaching certain achiefs.

8) What guild were you a member of prior to your application to BDS and why have you chosen to leave them?
Before I had my own Lonewolf Banking guild I joined with Ronin. Good folks that I really enjoyed with playing. Me and Tiljann who also applied are known with Adder (former Ronin member). He told us BDS being the goodfolks as we are used to. This made the breaking decision for me to transfer my mage to take a peek on that. As stated in the above I am willing to get my druid also so I (if needed) fill a role in either healing or tanking.

9) As a guild, we have clear social expectations, including helping guildies, participating in guildchat, being polite and courteous, and generally fitting in with a group of fun loving raiders. What do you think you could add socially to the guild? What are the things you like to do most, outside of raiding?:
I like to work on UI and Sim my characters. I might be of use to help people sim. With a various experience in different classes en roles I know some classes well enough to be able to help people gear, tweak and get that DPS top notch. Also a good laugh or a voicechat is not something I would ignore.

10) Tell us something about your raiding experience so far. This can include experience raiding with other characters:
The last raiding experience in HC was Uldir and some pugs I joined. Other expensions I was more active. I have the most experience as Druid healer.

11) We raid 3 nights a week. Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays from 20:30 (server time) to 22:30. Could you tell us a little about your availability to raid then? Note the more availability the better and that 50% minimum attendance is required!:
I see no problem in this. Due to Corona I am currently at home. In the future it might sometimes be that customers are further away and travel time make me come home late. Its rare but can happen. As long as we know our availability I am sure we will be able to manage this.

12) As part of raiding, we require good planning and forward commitment by our raiders, and an understanding that we have to rotate a little to ensure all raids are full and balanced. What would you do if you signed and we told you there would be no room?:
I would see who else is not in the raid and see if we could gather some nice M+ key to run so we kick @ harder next time, or go to the tavern in Goldshire to drink my sorrows away.

13) Have you read, understood, and agreed with the Contracts on this website? This includes social rules, raiding rules, and miscellaneous rules.
Yes I do
Plukette
Main character name: Burninatrix

Re: Raiding Application - Mage / Druid

Post by Plukette »

Heyo, thanks for a nice app.

Will try to catch you in game, alternatively also feel free to apply in game (we should be listed there too) to make the process even easier.

- Plukette