Raiding Application - BM Hunter

Guest posting allowed. Please use the provided application template.

Moderators: Role Leaders, Officers

Tallyen

Raiding Application - BM Hunter

Post by Tallyen »

1) Name of character: Tallyen

2) Class: Hunter

3) Please provide an armoury link here: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... wn/tallyen

4) What is your prefered spec for raiding and why?:

Beast Mastery because of the utility and how versatile the spec is. Survival is melee which I'm not comfortable with and there's better petless ranged specs than MM.

5) Tell us a little about yourself in RL (please include your age and note that we are an 18+ guild):

33, M, English. ;)

No wait this isn't IRC... sorry. I'm a PhD student at a university in the UK. Currently I'm trying to develop a new communications protocol that might revolutionise a small but important area of computer networking. I've been a network engineer peon for quite a few years, went freelancer for a while then got bored and started the PhD.

I've been playing WoW since day... three? I don't like to talk about it because then I remember how old I am now and get depressed. At some point I completely lost the ability to take the game seriously and moved into this zen-like state where I enjoy the game for the pretty colours and terrible plot.

It's a livelong passion of mine to collect terrible chat-up lines in hopes of developing the Ultimate Bad Chat-up Line.

6) What kind of guild are you after?:

One that pats me on the head and tells me I am a good hunter. :D

I'd really just like to be in a guild that's chill, can laugh at itself but can also take on current content. I am

Also I heard you use Mumble and that's awesome as I didn't know Mumble was even still a thing and because it reminds me of Cataclysm.

7) Why have you chosen to apply to Blackrock Diving School?:

In full honesty? My friend and long-time raiding buddy Adderkleet is in BDS and says its nice place. I trust him. And then Duke joined. And then Tom joined. So I guess this is where the nice people are? :D

8) What guild were you a member of prior to your application to BDS and why have you chosen to leave them?

I've been a member/raider of Ronin since 2013 and played with them on/off since Cataclysm. Ronin is currently inactive as 95% of the raid team gave up on BfA before 8.1 hit. While I was happy just being casual, Ny'alotha looks awesome and I want to raid again.

9) As a guild, we have clear social expectations, including helping guildies, participating in guildchat, being polite and courteous, and generally fitting in with a group of fun loving raiders. What do you think you could add socially to the guild? What are the things you like to do most, outside of raiding?:

I try to be as chill as possible but I am known to rage about certain things (like BfA's plot, the decline of Bungie and how in the name of sanity does a $100k+ website developed in 2019 have SQL injection vulnerabilities?!), rarely in guild chat though.
Top thing I sometimes rage about is the complete love and utter bane of my life, Arsenal FC. I've been a season ticket holder for decades and love/hate my team.

Kind of seriously though, some people think I come off a bit rude and bitchy in text chat. Years of academic writing and marking test papers have left me with a "Resting Bitch Face" of typing tone. Sorry in advance.

I will also fight anyone that says you can't put tomatoes in a fruit salad.

10) Tell us something about your raiding experience so far. This can include experience raiding with other characters:

Full disclosure, I have near zero raiding experience in BfA beyond a few terrible nights with Ronin in Uldir. Most of my recent play has been world PvP (I am dreadful at PvP) and M+ keys.

In Legion I fully cleared EN, NH, ToV, ToS as a BM Hunter with Ronin on both normal and heroic. For Antorus I cleared some of it on normal as a hunter before switching to Vengeance DH when our OT had some bad times IRL and couldn't play. I cleared heroic as tank.

11) We raid 3 nights a week. Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays from 20:30 (server time) to 22:30. Could you tell us a little about your availability to raid then? Note the more availability the better and that 50% minimum attendance is required!

I'm fairly confident that I can have an 80%+ attendance rate. The only factors that might make me miss a raid are my PhD (sudden deadlines and meetings with little notice) and an IRL health issue that I'd rather not disclose publicly (its icky).

Also I guess this is fairly important, I'm currently stuck self-isolating away from home. I've got a fairly decent laptop and good internet here but things aren't optimal.

12) As part of raiding, we require good planning and forward commitment by our raiders, and an understanding that we have to rotate a little to ensure all raids are full and balanced. What would you do if you signed and we told you there would be no room?

"Cool fams, do you need me to stay on comms and listen in or can I take off?"

No problem whatsoever. I have no issues with the bench, it happens.

13) Have you read, understood, and agreed with the Contracts on this website? This includes social rules, raiding rules, and miscellaneous rules.

Read them and they seem pretty reasonable. Be cool and chill!
Davine
Main character name:

Re: Raiding Application - BM Hunter

Post by Davine »

Hi, thank you for your nice application. An officer will poke you in game if we see you online.

Davine