Raider application

Guest posting allowed. Please use the provided application template.

Moderators: Role Leaders, Officers

Valette

Raider application

Post by Valette »

1) Name of character:
>Valette

2) Class:
>Priest

3) Please provide an armoury link here:
>https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... wn/valette

4) What is your prefered spec for raiding and why?:
>Holy. I have always prefered playing healers and supportive roles in video games. Helping my friends shine has always brought me joy, I also generally gravitate towards light/cloth armor classes so it made priest the obvious choice for me. I don't enjoy the playstyle of disc much, so holy it is.

5) Tell us a little about yourself in RL (please include your age and note that we are an 18+ guild):
>I am 27 years old and from Norway. I've currently got a pause in my studies (was studying to become a teacher) and I'm just working in a grocery store and sometimes as a substitute teacher to pay the bills until I'm ready to return to my studies.

6) What kind of guild are you after?:
>I'm looking for a guild with focus on the social aspects while also being somewhere I can raid a bit. I've been a part of very casual guilds before and also very hardcore ones, and I'm looking for something nicely in the middle. My stay in a hardcore guild wasn't very good, it fostered a very hostile environment and made the gaming experience as a whole unpleasant. I want a guild where having fun together is more important than progress at any cost.

7) Why have you chosen to apply to Blackrock Diving School?:
>For the reasons mentioned in the answer above, and just a general desire to share my gaming experience with other people. Most my friends have quit wow, and truth be told I'm a little lonely ingame, I hope joining a guild seemingly as social as yours might remedy that.

8) What guild were you a member of prior to your application to BDS and why have you chosen to leave them?
>Before applying to BDS I had about half a year break from the game after leaving my previous guild Epoch. I was a "social" there cause of my boyfriend. I left cause we broke up. Before that I was guildless or unsubbed through most of BFA. My previous raiding guild was called Nøcturnal during legion, which disbanded while progressing mythic aggramar

9) As a guild, we have clear social expectations, including helping guildies, participating in guildchat, being polite and courteous, and generally fitting in with a group of fun loving raiders. What do you think you could add socially to the guild? What are the things you like to do most, outside of raiding?:
>I think I could add a friend. Simple as that really. I am a bit of a shy person, but I'd say I'm quite sociable once I open up a little and get comfortable. I enjoy m+ a fair bit, and will often be happy to tag along healing dungeons if I'm around and my help is wanted. I'm also an avid pet collector and somewhat of a completionist, so you'll often find me out in the world grinding the next pet I've set my sights on.

10) Tell us something about your raiding experience so far. This can include experience raiding with other characters:
> I have been on and off raiding since Wrath. I raided in a world100 guild in the first half of cataclysm. Then just casually dabbled during mists and wod. In legion I started off lightly, then raided nighthold on heroic which was when I fell in love with legion's version of shadow priest. I continued playing it into ToS and decided I wanted a bigger challenge and applied to a mythic guild (nøcturnal) for antorus. After it disbanded I went back to a friend's guild for the beginning of BFA, where I raided uldir on heroic before it too disbanded. Since then I havent been in a raiding guild, and kept to mostly m+ or just casual world content.

11) We raid 3 nights a week. Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays from 20:30 (server time) to 22:30. Could you tell us a little about your availability to raid then? Note the more availability the better and that 50% minimum attendance is required!
>I can raid most every tuesdays and thursdays. Sundays I have dinner with my family in the evening, which usually ends in time for a 20:30 raid night, but I can't always guarantee it.

12) As part of raiding, we require good planning and forward commitment by our raiders, and an understanding that we have to rotate a little to ensure all raids are full and balanced. What would you do if you signed and we told you there would be no room?
>Thats no problem. I'd just do something else, and remain available if needed

13) Have you read, understood, and agreed with the Contracts on this website? This includes social rules, raiding rules, and miscellaneous rules.
>I have. The social rules is one of the main things that made me interested in this guild.
Plukette
Main character name: Burninatrix

Re: Raider application

Post by Plukette »

Hey there Valette,

Thank you for a very nice application. One of our officers will be in touch with you ingame Soon™!

- Plukette
Plukette
Main character name: Burninatrix

Re: Raider application

Post by Plukette »

Joined the guild!